UAE - Millions worth of uninsured goods up in flames
Tuesday, 06 02 2015, Category: Insurance and Reinsurance, Country: U.A.E
Dubai: Shopkeepers are dismayed after Saturday’s fire, which they say was the worst in the Masafi Friday Market’s 30-year history and reduced millions of dirhams worth of goods, possessions and even passports to cinders.
To make matters worse most of the goods were uninsured, leaving them uncertain of how to proceed.
No one was injured or killed by the fire, which was said to have been caused by an electrical short circuit. The Civil Defence was still on the scene dousing the small pockets of flames with sand and water when Gulf News visited the market.
Source: Gulf News